Importing photos in a certain order

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Importing photos in a certain order

Post by Christopher6206 »

I’m having issues with importing photos in a certain order. I occasionally have clients interested in photo montages. I have them email me their photos. But beforehand I ask them to rename their photos by number, in the order they want the photos to appear on their video. (Sometimes I have them add a tag to the photo so I can arrange them by TAG with my PC and then see the order the want them to be in) In the last 2 cases though they have renamed the file by order number, inserting pictures sometimes between numbers with letters. 1,2,3,4,5,5a,5b,5c 6,7, 8, 8a, 8b, 9, 10 etc. This keeps the photos at least on my PC in order, Trouble is once I import them into the Cassie usually using Photo Studio 2 they’re all out of order again. I create a scene with each photo and photo studio 2 puts them all in my scene bin with the numbers listed as their name in the scene bin. Some photos will be in order, maybe a group of 5 or even 10, but mostly the numbers are all over the place. I noticed this time my client added titles to some of the pictures the same way you can “add a tag” you can also “add a title” using windows 7. In those cases the Cassie used the title as the pictures file name in the scene bin. These pictures were all named “My Beautiful Picture” with a number after it, 1 – 14. These pictures looking at the scene bin from top left to bottom right were all in order though the pictures with just numbers were in between them. Does that make sense? My current project has around 200 pictures.

SO questions are:

What is the Cassie referencing as the name of the photo? The original file name? or the “add a title” name?

Why won’t the Cassie keep the photos in the file number order they were originally in?

I typically import the photos into photo studio 2 with the date filter turned off. Would changing this setting make any difference?

How can arrange the files in the scene bin to be in the same order as they are on my USB stick I used to import them? That way they can easily be added to the storyboard in the same order as they are in the scene bin.

Now my process is to look at the photos on my PC, seeing their correct order, and going through the scene bin finding the photos and arranging them in the storyboard in the correct order. I usually un check the box on “Show already added scenes”, under options so that as I add scenes they are eliminated from the scene bin and I can then more easily find photos because there are less of them. This also causes problems because it can cause the scene bin to sort of re order itself every time you add a new scene. The highlighted scene changes and moves around instead of just disappearing since the scene bin always arranges itself as from top left to bottom right.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Importing photos in a certain order

Post by Christopher6206 »

Regarding the "My Beautiful Picture" thing I was incorrect. All the photos had the title added "My Beautiful Picture" but the Cassie added the numbers to distinguish between them all. I'm not sure they were actually in order, but the numbers the cassie added them into the storyboard were. Which makes sense.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705