Best way to import Photos to Solitaire

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Thrust1
Casablanca Unit: 1 x Solitaire and 2 x Classics

Best way to import Photos to Solitaire

Post by Thrust1 »

In all these years, I've never had to do this till now. I imported the jpegs to Windows Movie Maker and then firewired them into the Solitaire. It works but very poor quality. The originals look very good. Is there a way to import them directly into Solitaire with a thumb drive? Do I need special software? or Is there a way to adjust settings in Windows Movie Maker to improve the quality?

I just realized that many of the photos are in .png format. Some are jpeg.

I found Photo Studio 2 and Photo Transfer. Looks like Photo Transfer needs files on Smart Media Card so I used Photo Sutdio 2. I put all the photo files on a CD and put in the Solitaire. It only could see the jpeg files. Now how do I get the photos into my video project from Photo Studio 2 ?

Please help, I've got a client breathing down my neck ;-)

Thanks!

Mark Howard / Thrust Productions, Inc.
thrust1@cox.net
Last edited by Thrust1 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
sparks0335
Casablanca Unit: Renommee v9.1 audio effects v1.1a, 3-D shapes v1.1, card drive v1.3d,
disk-transfer v1.2a, DVD arabesk v3.3, effect pack (1-4) v1.1, Front pack (1-4)
PIP studio v1.0, Photo Transfer v1.6c, Power Key v1.0, Title Effects 1 v1.2
Title Effects 2 v1.4, Blue Box World, Object Tracer.
Prestige Plus v4.1

Re: Best way to import jpeg to Solitaire

Post by sparks0335 »

Mark;
I use a SDHC card and a Card reader. I hook the card reader up to the computer and send the pictures to the SDHC/reader thru the usb connection, then hook the SDHC/reader up to my Renommee thru the usb connection and bring them in. You must have Photo Transfer or Photo Studio and card drive loaded on your machine.

John
John Boughton
Mechanic9377@yahoo.com
Renommee and Prestige Plus
Thrust1

Re: Best way to import Photos to Solitaire

Post by Thrust1 »

John,

Thanks, I just updated my original question. So found Photo Studio 2 and put pics on a CD. I've got the jpegs imported but do not know how to get them from Studio 2 into my video project?

Also, what can I do with the .png files. Convert them to jpeg?

Thanks again!

Mark
Thrust1

Post by Thrust1 »

John,

I found the button to create a video clip and it automaticly put the photo in my video clip bin.

Have you ever worked with .png photo files? If so, what do you do with them to import?

Thanks,

Mark
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

Infranview is a free software download that can convert your .png files to jpg. It's a complete photo file converter. It can also re size images that aren't recognized by Photo Studio 2 to make them more Photo Studio 2 friendly. It's fairly intuitive. I think by default it will save any image imported as a .jpg and in 24 bit color but check to make sure. Also "Pattern 2", a piece of software in "special" in the edit menu on my Bogart Machine will take .png images. But they are for layering mostly and I'm not sure "Patten 2" works with SE. It's not installed on my Solitaire so I'm not sure.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705