Fonts/Text not clear on Menus in Arabesk

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Fonts/Text not clear on Menus in Arabesk

Post by Christopher6206 »

Does anyone know what fonts will look best when creating an SD project in Arabesk? I've been creating these menus for years and I'm never satisfied with the way the titling looks on the main menu or the chapter menu. Actually they look satisfactory on an SD television but on a HD monitor they look quite pixelated and a little blurry. But when creating the menu they look good on the monitor connected to my Cassie.. It's only after I've created the disc they look like sh@t. I've tried quite a few fonts and I'm never satisfied. I've tried with and without border, with and without shadow, it doesn't matter. My Solitaire is hooked up to my HD monitor with RCA cables and my S-4000 pro hooked up via HDMI. Both look good when creating the menu but once I burn the disc and bring into my home theatre system, it's nothing but crap. Any solutions?
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Re: Fonts/Text not clear on Menus in Arabesk

Post by Franklinbencosme »

This was report 4 years ago and in 2014 there is no solution for SD video,in HD BLUE RAY is a different history, it looks very good comparing SD when ARABESK MENU is created.

Franklin.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

It's interesting. The menu looks good on my SD TV and my HD TV that is 720p. But my larger HD TV which is 1080p the fonts look bad. I changed the setting on the bluray player to output in 720p and it made no difference. The output on the other smaller 720p HD TV blu ray player is set to Auto and looks good. SO trying to figure out what is making the difference. And on the 1080p TV the fonts look good for about 2 10ths of a second before going blurry. This happens when first accessing the chapter menu or when changing pages within the chapter menu. Is it the Blu Ray Player, the 1080 vs 720 p setting? The software?
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206

So the plot thickens. I hooked up my newer Samsung Blu Ray to the larger HD 1080p display. Left the output on Auto and put in my disc. The fonts looked fine on all menus. I changed it's output to 1080p. Still look great. Then I routed the HDMI output through the stereo and looked at the disc (since this is the way my older Sony Blu Ray Player is hooked up to this same monitor). The fonts still look good. So my conclusion is that my problem lies with my 2009 Sony Blu Ray player. At least I can explain this to my client. If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions, please reply. Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705