Problem Exporting

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Problem Exporting

Post by LouBruno »

AVCHD is more efficient.
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

If a scene is longer than 35 min, Render Booster will not work under the "Options area of Bogart....this is a known & reported issue that will be corrected however, Render Booster works great regardless of storyboard length under Arabesk 6. If you need the Render Booster codec, I split into 30 min. clips......also, media manager offers the loss-less .TS (transport stream) codec. I use this codec to archive raw footage clips. The new AV data under Bogart 6 will essentially be the same thing...just less steps.

Joel Brooks-MIT Video
Authorized Macrosystem Americas Dealer
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Rte80west
Casablanca Unit: S4000 PRO

Post by Rte80west »

Joel (and all),

What is the specific location of the .TS file (folder, filename)?

I have played around with a few export styles and have learned that exporting via Project Settings window and selecting H264 it yields an MPEG-2TS file. Is this the lossless TS file you are indicating?

I also saved using HDV mode and it yielded an mpg file.

Finally, exported using mode=MTS and quality high and got an AVCHD file.

Using Media Manager I outputted in YouTube folder w/ 1920x1080 FULL HD setting - this gave an mp4 file.

My question is: which one is best? By best I mean the least loss? Can I just tell by the file size? Is this a subjective assessment or can it be clearly identified?

Thanks in advance for trying to clear up my ignorance on this matter.
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

.TS (transport stream) and it is found in Media Manager under export options. It is suppose to be loss-less. This codec is not currently under project settings, only via Media Manager.

Joel Brooks-MIT Video
Authorized Macrosystem Americas Dealer
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
newkazoo
Casablanca Unit: AVIO DVD

Post by newkazoo »

I have been working with Joel for a few years. He is prompt, knowledgeable and dependable. Bob Grapevine, TX.
Rte80west

Post by Rte80west »

Hi guys

I have a follow-up question.

Joel, I see what you mean with the OPT button in the Edit menu being capped at ~ 30 minutes when using the Renderbooster TS code output. I have been breaking it up into smaller 30 min chunks as you suggested. Works OK.

I have also played around with archiving in an mp4 format via the Media Manager. It results in a compressed file ~ 5x smaller than the MPEG-2TS file. My understanding is MPEG-2 TS is lossless, while mp4 has more loss. It is also my understanding that the differences in quality are evident when viewing on a larger screen TV, but would be fine for small device viewing.

Which leads me to my question: I archive on DV tape and now via the MPEG-2 TS format so I have a lossless archive on tape and in an electronic format. But I watch produced material on Blu Ray DVD. This is compressed before viewing right? Is it compressed to a format that would look pretty much like mp4? Because if thats teh case would it not be wiser just to export in the mp4 format and increase my storage space by 5x? Or is the DVD compression not really that significant?

Thanx again in advance
Rte80west

Post by Rte80west »

Also, it takes quite a long time to export to MPEG-2 TS format. Its taking about 5 hrs to export a ~ 30 minute video clip. Is this normal?