Phone video!

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Phone video!

Post by flvideo »

I am still editing with a Renommee and I had a customer ask me to put some video off her phone in a production I an doing for her. Is there any way I can do that? I am in the progress of getting B4W Gold but I haven't got all the parts yet!
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Phone video!

Post by Christopher6206 »

It depends on the format of the video on the phone but if you can pull the video off the phone using a PC and copy it to a USB drive you should be able to import it into your Cassie that way. As long as it is a codec the Cassie will recognize. I am not familiar with the Renommee so not sure on it's capabilities inputs and such, but I have imported many different videos off of phones and though it's a struggle at times I have always gotten it to work. Sometimes I have to use third party conversion software before inputting it. Sometimes I can use the direct USB import, other times it has to be done with MEdia Manager and imported through the archives. You just have to try all options. And even if you do get it to import it could have audio synch issues or possibly cut off the end or beginning of the clip. Other times it works perfectly on the first try, you just never know. There are probably specs on this somewhere. Maybe others know what they are but my experience has mostly been trial and error. Most phones these days use.mp4 or .mov both of which should be recognized by a Cassie machine. Check the properties of the file too before importing. Check the file type, bit rate used, codec compression etc. All of that will give you a clue as to why or why not the video will or will not import. Also keep in mind whether or not the video is HD, SD, 16 X 9 or 4 X 3. Your machine could crash or reject the input based solely on that. Good Luck!
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

I don't know if you've solved the problem yet but I don't remember the Renommee reading from a USB thumbdrive. I remember having to use a 3rd party software (Premiere Pro is what I used) then imported from there to the Renommee via firewire. There were a couple of steps I had to do to make them connect but it worked ... and only in SD.
Beth Klinger
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

No can do. Only photos via photo transfer. Not video via USB in a Renomee.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Thanks Lou I have tried with no sucess. I am gettig ready to start editing with B4W Gold as soon as my computer Guru gets my new Dell built so I should be able to do what ever i want then!