need help update Twixter

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

need help update Twixter

Post by stonepatterson »

I purchased a copy of Twixter with my S6000 before it was set to work with the S6000 in the 1080p 30p format (only worked in SD format). I know there was an updated download made available on the net. I was never able to get a copy due to my 2006 MAC Pro's limitations. I have sought help from many sellers with yet no help. My version of Twixter will still not work in HD on my system. If one does the Twixter work in SD then transfer to HD it comes out flicking on and off after converted. Can someone send me a copy of the update on DVD or tell me what I can do to get my Twixter to work in HD? Other wise I just wasted the purchase of TWIXTER... and I love some of the effects that I can do with Twixter... when it works. Thanks.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: need help update Twixter

Post by Christopher6206 »

It seems an early code for Twixtor should work with it's latest version, check Macrosystems website. Delete the current version of the Twixtor you have and reinstall it from the "All software disc" download, on their website. If your code doesn't work then you didn't pay for it or it was only for a trial in SD. (Though haven't heard of that) Or there was a mix up at headquarters.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Any version of Twixtor will have and use the same licence code as any previous one.

Earlier version worked only with interlaced projects (not progressive) and not with Smart Rendering.

With Twixtor v1.1 you can now use it in progressive projects too but it has always worked with HD.
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Post by stonepatterson »

First of all, Christopher6206, I paid for Twixter V1.0 a. Having said that, what I guess I need, is the most current "all software disc". I cannot download from Macrosystems website due to my very old, but still working (sort of) 2006 Mac Pro (which cannot download anything these days -- no new MAC operating systems will work on my current MAC which has max'ed out at Version 10.5.8). At least I can still do some things on the net! So. I have asked several Macrosystem dealers for a copy -- to date, none yet to be received. Help anyone? Oh, and Twixter V 1.0 a has never worked in HD for me... on a S6000.
stonepatterson

Post by stonepatterson »

A quick but very big thank you to Beth (S & B Klinger) of Ultima Photography & Video in R.I. She sent me a copy of the software update disc on DVD. I now have my Twixter working in HD! Looks very nice! Sending you a check for the postage and (something extra) for your kindness, when no one else, including all the mid-west Cassie Sales Reps that I have tried to get an updated disc from for over the past year and half... gave me blank. I can tell now, when I have to upgrade or buy new programs... who I will purchase from.
Thank you Beth... The disc came fast in snail mail and went in the S6000 like a dream, seconds later -- update was ready to roll!
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Why thank you. How nice of you. So glad I could help.
Beth Klinger