transition zpage turn

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Bonnie
Casablanca Unit: AVIO DV

transition zpage turn

Post by Bonnie »

Hi all,
I had finished 30 minute video for a churches 80th anniversary. The footage I had is 4:3 ratio. I used a story book theme and used a lot of zpage turn transitions. I used a still photo as background to titles. It looked fine on the TV (16:9)) I use as I edit. However, when I played the burned disc on my computer to check that it was okay this is what happened:
1) The frame/still shrunk and you could see a border of the next video clip surrounding the still. Then the still/page jumped when the title speared and filled the screen again.
2) When I played it on my TV (16:9) it stretched the picture and you could barely see a strip of video on the left side.
3) When I played it on my sister's TV ( 16:9) it adjusted to the 4:3 ratio and again you could barely notice the left edge it was so slim.

The celebration is going to be outside under a tent and I think they might use a computer to project the picture. The jumping around is really distracting and looks like glitches. This is going to be a big part of the celebration and I want to make sure it comes off okay.

Questions:
1) Is there a known problem with the page turn transition? If so, is there a work around?
2) Is there a reason it would play differently on a computer vs TV?

I could really use some help.

Thanks
Bonnie
S3000/Bogart 4.1g/Pro 3.0/Arabesk 4.x/500gb HD & software/Photo Transfer 1.6/PIP Studio/Steady Hand/Blue Box World/Title Effects/Font Package Pro/Fonts 2,3/Effects #5/disk transfer/Title bax
Bonnie
Casablanca Unit: AVIO DV

Re: transition zpage turn

Post by Bonnie »

I did set project to 4:3. The still picture (4x3) was imported using photo transfer. The video was imported with firewire. I have no idea what "i" or "p" format is. My concern is the way the disc is played on a computer.

Thanks for your response.
S3000/Bogart 4.1g/Pro 3.0/Arabesk 4.x/500gb HD & software/Photo Transfer 1.6/PIP Studio/Steady Hand/Blue Box World/Title Effects/Font Package Pro/Fonts 2,3/Effects #5/disk transfer/Title bax