This is totally weird

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

This is totally weird

Post by Christopher6206 »

This post is in relation to post topic 2159 where I was troubleshooting why both my Cassie machines will not detect a fire wire input. At the end of the post I stated I was going to do full re install of the OS on my S-4000 pro to see if that would fix the problem. Not much on the S-4000 pro currently so why not? The S-4000 pro runs on Bogart 5.5c so I put that disc into the S-4000 pro and did a full installation of the OS, wiping the hardrive etc. My 2 machines are connected to a KVM switcher which allows me to use 1 monitor, 1 keyboard, and 1 mouse, for both machines. I just have to press a button on the switcher to change between the 2. My editing monitors are set to 2 different interface colors so I always know which machine I'm working with. The video monitor I have to change manually as both machines run in dual monitor mode. SO after the S-4000 pro is finished it shuts down and I power it back up and it asks me for the license code to activate Bogart 5, which I do and the system re starts. I figure out that this has not fixed my fire wire input issue. SO I turn the machine off again and press the switcher button to go back to the Karat. Only now, the Karat is asking me for my Bogart v5 activation code too. And the screen is back to default blue. What???? How did that happen? All the codes are hidden too in the install product window. So I cancel out of that. The machine gives me warning that the code hasn't been activated and shuts down by itself. I turn it back on, and there is my normal screen for the Karat. With all my projects. I think well that was weird and continue troubleshooting my fire wire problem,. I also decide maybe I should unplug the KVM switcher . At one point I re boot the Karat again and back comes up the default blue screen again asking me for my Bogart v5 activation code. (The S-4000 pro is off this whole time) I have canceled out of that 3 times and re booted it and now every time this screen comes up. What the hell? And how could a KVM switcher cause this to happen? Should I re install the OS but leave the projects in tact?
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: This is totally weird

Ok so not wanting to wait I just decided to re install the OS and leave the projects in tact. Once the install was done the same message came up "Please activate Bogart v5" or something to that affect. Which also doesn't make sense because I used a Bogart 6.1 disc to install the OS. It did however show me Bogart version 6 in the install product window. So I tried my v6.1 code, "License code is wrong try again?" message came up. I entered it 3 more times with the same result. On my code sheet I have a BOgart v5 code since the machine was shipped to me that way. So I decided to try that code under Bogart v5. Same result. My code is wrong. And the serial number for the machine in the install product window is just a bunch of zeros. Which of course is also not correct. Next plan is to leave the machine unplugged overnight. Will post with results.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Just a suggestion....

Go to INSTALL product. Sometimes the foundation OS is activated. Make sure the Bogart you want is activated.
Christopher6206

Leaving the Karat unplugged overnight seems to have done the trick. Now I'm afraid to turn it off. Lou, last night when the Karat was asking me to activate Bogart v5 beneath that was the install product window where Bogart v1 through Bogart v6 were all listed as being "hidden". That's were I was trying to enter my codes that weren't working. A few things to back up then full installation will be the way to go I think.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I am sure you did this. Click on just the bogart 6..,,,,, add code...hope I am understanding
Christopher6206

I did do the full install after doing a full back up, and my screen asking me to enter in the Bogart 5 code came up again. Tried the 6 code on Bogart 6, tried the 5 code on Bogart 5, tried activating Gold edition and a few others. Every time "License code is wrong, try again?" would come up. All the while showing my serial number as 00000-0. ALso showing a registration code of v~v. All of this isn't right. So I did the full install again. Using the original 6.1 disc I got from my dealer. I notice on the opening install screen it says something like "This will install Bogart 5 on your system", so I canceled out of that and decided to download another copy from Macrosytems website. Burned the image file and attempted the full install. Again with "This will install Bogart 5 on your system". Thinking it's just a typo I went ahead with and had the same result. Everything that had happened before up to that point was the same until the machine started to power down again (since I had not activated the program) when suddenly it activated Media Manger and it was asking me for my license code for Relax Vision 5. behind those words I could see my correct serial number. Finally I was getting somewhere. I activated and set up Media Manager and then went back to Bogart SE where I finally saw my correct registration number pop up and the correct serial number for the machine came up in the install product window. I entered all my codes and life was good. But alas, I still couldn't get the fire wire port to recognize my camera. So I powered down the machine and with the fire wire still plugged in at the front powered back up only to find the machine had reverted back to asking me for my License code for Bogart 5, with 0000-0 as the serial number etc. I unplugged the fire wire and re booted and it was back to normal. For now it is powered down and not hooked up to anything. If anyone has any ideas feel free to chime in and thanks for reading. Bottom line, it took 3 full installations for it work right, and the fire wire port nor the back S-VHS port are working. Not to mention most of the day trying to figure this all out. This Karat is less than 6 months old.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

No idea......
Christopher6206

Well things seem to be stable for now. FOund a third HDV camera and I am importing my footage into the Karat without issue. The Karat seems to be ok. Does anyone know if somehow my problem is related to the KVM switch that I am no longer using? I've read certain accessories for Cassie machines like render booster, you are not supposed to use any kind of splitter or additional USB extension other than the one it comes with, otherwise it could cause problems. And in an earlier post, when I first hooked up the KVM switch, the S-4000 pro would often lose it's screen settings causing me to have to restart it and then it would look normal. The Karat never had a problem until now. Perhaps it was the 3 full destructive installs that fixed it. For now it's just a mystery I guess. A ghost in the machine.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Bogart machines 'can' go into a "safe" mode where they ask you to re-input the codes.

This you can't do as the machine has temporally gained the serial number of 000000-0 and so your numbers don't work :(

This doesn't happen so much with the newer versions of Bogart (in my experience) but something that definitely can bring this on is a bad DV socket or lead - which was part of your original issue.

The real problem can be if the lead itself is bad (very unlikely with 6 pin) and as you try to trouble shoot the issue you end up putting the 'damaged' lead into other kit and spread the issue amongst these other devices :o
Christopher6206

Thanks MichaelD. I had not heard of safe mode before. Will keep in mind for the future.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705