Organization?

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
take13productions
Casablanca Unit: Kron, Version 4.1d, DVD Arabesk V2.4,bonus effects v1.0, effects pack 1-4, font 1-4, liquid images v1.1

Organization?

Post by take13productions »

Hope this is OK to post this here, did not see anything looking through the old posts. I was wondering what people use to organize there shots? Between note books, Mini DV tapes, Music CDs, Shot lists, scripts.....the list goes on and on. Short of a large shoe box is there any type of plastic case that will hold all these items in any sort of organized way? I was thinking a hinged box that tapes snap into, CD's slid into and maybe has a binder for papers or notebooks? Anyone know of such an animal?

Steve
Steven Moore
Southern Maryland
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Re: Organization?

Post by Lowell »

Steve I use magazine holders that are made of plastic from Office Max. I can put tapes, notebooks, CDs etc. into them cost about $3. I put them on a shelf and they don't take up too much space. HTH.
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I haven't tried them, but what about Gladware food storage containers? You can stack them and affix labels to the sides. Their capacity is described in cups and ounces. I'm not sure how many ounces a wedding will require :lol: , but its probably worth looking into ;)

http://www.glad.com/containers/gladware_containers.php
Craig Newman
take13productions
Casablanca Unit: Kron, Version 4.1d, DVD Arabesk V2.4,bonus effects v1.0, effects pack 1-4, font 1-4, liquid images v1.1

Post by take13productions »

Magazine holders is a good idea. I remember seeing some that had an outer and inner type of cover, so even if you threw the tapes in there they would have a 'bottom' and would not necessarily fall out. Like minds in the plastic storage department, thats basically what I am doing right now as they hold up better then the proverbial cardboard shoe box. I did find, on ebay, a 9 storage snap style case just for tapes. I also found a place that sells just the metal binder. I am thinking along the lines of designing something like the 9 storage tape box, but with a thicker binding to hold the 3 ring binder. Once at that point there are off the shelf poly type 3 hole sleeves that will hold CD's and Memory sticks etc and fit into the binder along with 3 rind spiral notebooks. There....done....just need to build it :D
Steven Moore
Southern Maryland
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

I just use a standard box file for tapes, notes, booking form, photos, etc etc stacks of room and easily stacked. john
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington