Small Quadcam screens !!

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Small Quadcam screens !!

Post by Jeanton »

Hi there

I have finally transferred my quadcam software to my pro last week and find the four screens very small. I do my editing on a single 32" HD screen and sit about 2 meters away from the screen and can hardly see what is happening. They said they made the screens 16:8 size but didn’t mention they shrunk them as well I am nearly going cross-eyed by trying to see wen to switch. Surely they can make them bits bigger because that is where we are looking at to put an insert in. Love the extra 2 sec buffer, as you need it as you hardly can see what is happening on the screens. Any one else think this way about it let your self be heard they might make them bigger and save my eyesight.
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Re: Small Quadcam screens !!

Post by PaulBusta »

Sounds like you have to move either it or you a little closer. :D I imagine those 4 screens are pretty ram intensive, especially in 16x9, so there might not be much they can do about it. The 4K's only have 1gig of ram. "Only" 1gig of ram :lol: :lol: What am I saying, the first Cassy I had only had 16"MEG" of ram. That was 11 years ago. :lol:
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

My Avio is so old it never had a memory! It came with a notepad and pencil! :D
All these new innovations that are being added, We will need a Sat, Nav. to find our way around them! I've had a direction finder in my car for years! It sits on the back seat and tells me how fast to go, When to turn, Unfortunatly, unlike a normal SatNav, with this one you cant turn the sound off!!! :D Hope you are all well..John
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Beachy, your Avio is a "speed demon" compaired to my original 040meg processor Cassy. :lol: If I remember right it took 12 minutes to render a 1 second page turn effect. :shock: The 4KPro does it in 22 seconds at Max Quality.
Paul Busta

Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

And it took 1 hour to render a 1 second 3D Shapes Effect with the the "Classic". :shock:
Volker Hill - Germany
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Post by Jeanton »

Hi Paul

Thanks for your input. What I don’t get is that on my 7-year-old Avio with 256mb Ram the screens were a lot bigger and it seem to do the job just fine. Now with the Ferrari of Cassablanca editors the machine suddenly can’t keep up with the information. Still find it very annoying that they made them so small as it only takes up a 10th of the screen and there is alot more space. Moving closer to my LCD screen is not an option as I am now already to close for normal editing and sometimes have to step back to see if the footage is clear enough. LCD screens have a minimum watching distance and if you go to close it doesn’t look to good.

Volker maybe you can have a talk to the guys for me and make them bigger it would be much appreciated.
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Post by Lowell »

Hey Paul what you need is one of those old magnifying screens that were made for the small tv's back in the 50's.
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Jeanton, is your QC on the 4KPro for HD or SD? I don't know because I only shoot and edit in SD. Also, you must be in one monitor set up, right. I use the 2 monitor set up with a 19 inch about 2 feet away for working and a 46 inch about 8 feet away for the final output. I have been useing that set up for years and love it.
Last edited by PaulBusta on Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Busta

RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

It's to bad you and Beachy live so far apart from each other. I'm sure he would let you borrow his large screen magnifier he uses when he edits on his Avio.
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Oh Ron....your in trouble now with that one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul Busta