U-Tube

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

U-Tube

Post by flvideo »

How do I upload video to U-tube? I would like to put some of my work on there. Thanks Bob....
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Re: U-Tube

Post by Jeanton »

Hi Bob

I use a normal PC for that. I make a fully finished video on my Casablanca editor and export it to DV tape then I load it into my computer using the firewire connection. I use the free Windows Movie Maker software that comes with XP and load it into that program and save it to my computer (Make sure you unclick the box of creating clips after capture you don't want that). Then you have a WMV file that you can load into Youtube (follw there instructions)or you can reduce the size of it and send in an Email. This works the best for me.

Tip!! Set the aspect ratio in Windows Movie Maker to wide screen if you want it inwide screen before capture by going to Tools-options-advanced-16x9.
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

flvideo wrote:How do I upload video to U-tube? I would like to put some of my work on there. Thanks Bob....

You will find a step-by-step tutorial for this process on my website -- this is one of the articles/tutorials I have available for all to benefit from:
http://www.casablancaexpert.com/articles/youtube

Note: there are presently 165 Casablanca articles, tutorials, tips on my website as of today, along with the streaming videos from the public and members-only webinars.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Thanks Chet, I joined your site last week and enjoyed it that night but haven't had time to go back. I'll have to do that soon. I have so much work I don't have much time to learn new things. I seem to have to learn on the fly and that leads to mistakes. I am rendering a piece now that has to be at Fed-ex tomorrow. I'm not complaining. So many of my friends are out of work or just working a little. The economy in Flordia, at least in my part of Flordia, is hard hit by the economy. Thank God my clients still have money. LOL! I'll go to your site and learn how to put the video up. I'd like to share my work with others. I have been editing with Macro System products for 9 years and I love them. While I have your attention, A fellow on one of the other boards has offered me a Cassie classic. It only has a 9 GB hard drive so that wouldn't be enough memory for what I have in mind for it. I shoot church services each week for local distribution and I also send a 60 minute show taken from the service each week to the Phillipines for broadcast. My questiom is can I upgrade the hard drive on the Classic? I remember it from the 90's but I never used one. I wanted to use it for the church. That way I could work while one project was rendering. The services on Sunday are usually 120 minutes so I'd need at least enough HD space to accomadate those services. Thanks Chet I appreciate your help here and your new site. Bob Culbertson, Florida Video Service.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

You are welcome Bob!
And yes, you can upgrade the Cassie Classic to a larger HDD... I remember the cries of joy when I first received my 18GB HDD, wow... 72 minutes on a single hard-drive :D !!

I recommend you contact Gary McNally of McNally's Plug and Play. Gary is good people and has both the the goods and the knowledge to get your (new) Classic humming... he can get you into a HDD as large as 181 GB.

His website is http://www.mcnallysplugandplay.com/ and you can either email him, call him or order online from his site (click on 'Macrosystem Casablanca' and then scroll down to 'CASSIE CLASSIC' , click on that link and you'll be taken to the section dealing specifically with the Casasablanca Classic.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com