Royalty Free Music

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
KimSWilliamson
Casablanca Unit: Renommee

Royalty Free Music

Post by KimSWilliamson »

Anyone got any affordable sources for commercial quality royalty free music? Mainly need 30 sec spots but like the collections that offer 2-4 samples of each sample, at different lengths, like 1 min, 30 sec., 10 sec. for example.

Many thanks,
Kim S. Williamson
Blue Goose Productions
Comfort, TX
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Re: Royalty Free Music

Post by ChrisStone »

Kim, try the Music Bakery. I used them and have been very happy with their music.

http://musicbakery.com/
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

For much greater length and control Smart Sound Sonic Fire Pro gives access to a large variety of music genres with total customization of length, instrumental contents, etc.

Certainly costs more than individual songs from stand alone sources, but much more flexibility.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
KimSWilliamson
Casablanca Unit: Renommee

Post by KimSWilliamson »

Thanks, guys. I will check out both sources.

Kim
KeithWiggers
Casablanca Unit: Avio & Solitaire, most software, OS8.1, Arabesk 4

Post by KeithWiggers »

Tim, I have been considering using Smart Sound Sonic Fire Pro, but have wondered how one would use it. I assume that we would have to do all of the editing on the Casablanca unit, transfer the SB to a PC editing program, then add and edit the sound. That would be fine, IF, we did want to make any more changes. I leave the sound to last, but invariably keep tweaking here and there.

Or, how easy is it to transfer a section of SB to the PC, work with Smart Sound Sonic Fire Pro, and then transfer the sound only back and place it on a sound track right where I want it? I suppose if one made a scene of the 'musically edited' portion, we could insert the new scene at the exact location, then carry on with editing the rest of the SB.

Smart Sound Sonic Fire Pro looks like it would be a fun and useful tool. I would like to use it if it is not too much of a hassle.

Thanks.

Keith
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

I mostly use it down and dirty..

Either I just grab an appropriate piece on the PC set for the duration I require and burn off a WAV CD-RW file of that and bring it in digitally to Bogart (can be done with Smart Edit as well).

Or if I want to "personalize" the piece more I play a little on the PC while simultaneously playing the video (silent) on the MS monitor.

This allows me to approximate the style, rythm, mood etc of the piece I want and then I just burn off a WAV file of that and transfer it over.

If I really want to customize the music I burn a DT of the Scene and import it over to the PC, customize the music and again burn off a WAV file and transfer it over.

Frankly, like many, I do not consider the audio my strong point and under utilize the customizeable capabilities of Sonic Fire Pro.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Keith,

I too use Smart Sound/SonicFirePro but have barely scratched the surface as well. I love the Maestro feature, I select a type of music and then select a time/length and it provides me with several versions of precisely timed music beds for my work! I used this feature in my Casablanca Foolproof Tutorial DVDs.

To bring my music into my Casablanca (either my S4000 PRO or my Renommee Plus) I simply connect a cable between my computer and my Casablanca audio input (stereo mini-plug on computer adapted to pair of phono/RCA plugs on Casablanca). I then record into Audio Record/Edit menu and then add to Storyboard in the Audio Mix menu.

If you are wanting to learn the substantial features available in this cool software - they have freely accessible tutorials on YouTube here; http://www.youtube.com/user/SmartSoundMusic

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
KeithWiggers
Casablanca Unit: Avio & Solitaire, most software, OS8.1, Arabesk 4

Post by KeithWiggers »

Thank you Tim and Chet. I've 'gotta' give it a try. I am sure that I would like the precise control, and it sounds like it would be relatively easy to work back and forth between the SOL and a PC.

I did not add music to my first few travel / wildlife videos. At the suggestion of Jim Meeker, I have been adding it for several years now. It does make a difference. People frequently comment on the music. But it is always a challenge to find appropriate music, and esp. difficult to try to time the music with different actions. Smart Sound should make it easier.

Keith