S2000 Questions

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

S2000 Questions

Post by JPaul »

I'm seriously considering the purchase of the S2000. I no longer need to worry about professional work, just family & friends. But I like the idea of expanding my capability to the HD environment and getting a unit that is more compatible, I hope, with available hardware. My thought would be to get it with Pro Pack and Blu-Ray burner even though I don't even have an HD cam yet. I would continue to capture in SD for awhile.

I would also like any specific recommendations for a good external hard drive that would work well with my setup. Or, will any firewire or usb drive work?

Any comments or "advice" would be welcome. Thanks!
Last edited by JPaul on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: S2000 Questions

Post by JBrooks »

J Paul,

The S-2000 would be a great investment. Contact me off-line and I will pass along some important info.

Joel Brooks
MIT Video
817-771-8347
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
LegendsStudio
Casablanca Unit: S 2000

Post by LegendsStudio »

I have the S2000 with the Bluray burner and I love it.
There are still some bugs in it that need to be worked out and I hope they do that soon but all in all it's a Great tool and I have been having a lot of fun with it.
Make sure you get TWIXTOR to do your slow motion stuff because it's simple to use and even though it takes a long time to create the effect it really looks awesome.

Marcus (Legends Studio)
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Post by ASHampton »

I have first hand experience with the S2000 as well. Very sweet deal for the dough. and i agree Twixtor is way cool.

Seth
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Post by JPaul »

Thanks, Marcus & Seth. I have decided to wait for now - I don't own an HD cam so my Kron+ continues to satisfy my immeditate needs. I will reconsider at a later time as I definitely see myself making the move to high def.
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia
LegendsStudio
Casablanca Unit: S 2000

Post by LegendsStudio »

I have some noise issues in some scenes in my new movie and when I use the Denoise function in effects it really helps allot until it gets to the END of the scene Then I makes this LOUD sound like two wine glasses clinking together... Not always but more often when I use this with the Denoise function back to back with two scenes. I really need this to work to make this be great but I am really having trouble making it work or at least be consistent... I would REALLY APPRECIATE some HELP.

Marcus... Legends Studio... Making My Movie... CHAIN OF EVENTS