s4000 fires up, but not on tv screen

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

s4000 fires up, but not on tv screen

Post by Montanamartin »

MY s-4000 is fireing up and the small screen on the unit is on. The unit shows that all is fine, But I am not getting any signal to my tv screen. All my cables are hooked up as normal and I also tried to go out by way of RCA cables but no luck on that ether. All of this happend after trying to down convert some HD footage to SD.I also can not get the disk tray to open up. Any suggestions? :roll:
Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin
Mountain View Productions
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Re: s4000 fires up, but not on tv screen

Post by methuenbill »

Sounds like what happened to my 4000. I ended up trading it in for a 6000. There is something about batteries on the videoboard needing to be replaced after 5 years.
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

Post by Montanamartin »

That does not sound good.
Kevin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Did you try changing the screen display by the mouse method?

The unit could be in the scart output.

Stuck DVD/CD: Power down then power up pressing the ESC button during the powering up process.
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

Thanks for the responce Lou, yes I tryed all of the above but no responce, so I had to send the S-4000 to Boulder. :cry:
Kevin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

It sounds the same as mine was. They replaced the batties on the video board, but mine still had problems. They took my 4000 Pro as a trade in.
Hopefully its only the batties.
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

Just got my s-4000 back from boulder. And I will let all of you know how every thing works.
Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

OK, I gave it about 2 weeks and all seems to be well and alive.The boys in Boulder had to put in a new video board. They also had to do a reinstall . The good part was that they reinstalled all of my soft ware for me, and turn around time was faster than expected. :D So...
that makes me a happy camper :!: :lol:
Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com