Is it possible to import PING images

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
RBVIDEOPRO
Casablanca Unit: S 4000

Is it possible to import PING images

Post by RBVIDEOPRO »

Is it possible to import PING images? I thought I had read some where awhile back PING images can be imported with the latest Bogart. If it is possible I can not find where where to start.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Is it possible to import PING images

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Depending on how you want to use it/them, the answer is yet. For others less familiar - ping is the nick-name given to .PNG files. This is a graphic/image format whose acronym stands for Portable Network Graphics. It is a higher resolution file than JPG (JPEG) and more importantly for logos, artwork, etc it maintains and transfers the alpha-channel support which allows a logo to have transparent background, etc.

We can do this with latter versions of the Smart Edit OS and all versions of the Bogart OS in the Finish Menu but that applies the PNG graphic to the entire storyboard. If you want just a scene or portion of a scene - you need to be operating under Bogart V4 + and use the Pattern 2 function which is found under the Special Button in the Edit Menu.

I have a detailed tutorial on this function on my website here: http://cassieexpert.live.subhub.com/articles/20110819
I also cover this tool in the Bogart V4 Tutorial (available from your Casablanca dealer) and in the forthcoming, new tutorial DVD packaged titled 'Success with Bogart V5'.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
RBVIDEOPRO
Casablanca Unit: S 4000

Re: Is it possible to import PING images

Post by RBVIDEOPRO »

Thanks Chet