Various Cell phone videos not importing correctly

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Various Cell phone videos not importing correctly

Post by Christopher6206 »

Hello! I'm trying to import these cell phone videos for a 40th birthday video. The project is SD and the cell phone videos vary. Some HD some SD. Some of the video is shot with the phone in normal position, so the video has a vertical aspect ratio, as opposed to turning the phone on it's side so that the video would fill the frame on a TV. So these videos have to be flipped 90degrees left or right (some are even shot upside down in normal aspect ratio so they have to flipped 180 degrees) My Cassie has no way of doing this so I've been using Windows Live Movie Maker to flip the video and then save the movie (for a high definiton display at 1980 X 1020) It saves all the video as .wmv files. Importing them by pressing the "record" button in the edit screen doesn't work very well. The videos are usually not in the correct aspect ratio and are often with video and audio out of sync. So I try importing them using Media Mgr. MM imports them into the archives and then I import them from the archives into the project. This goes for all video both flipped in Windows Live Movie Maker and the videos as is that do not need to be flipped. So the question is.... all the flipped video imports with 4 seconds cut off of the end. All the normal looking videos import fully with no cut off at the end. The way around this I've found is to import them into an HD project (set at 1980 X 1020) and then add them to clipboard and then import them into the SD project with the clipboard. This downconverts the video with a HDV to DV conversion. Why all this hassle? Isn't this machine supposed to be able to import multiple file types in SD and HD, in 4X3 and in 16 x 9 no matter what project I am working on? And I can't tell you how many times my Cassie has crashed though all of this. Thanks for any help!
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705