Hard drive corruption??

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Hard drive corruption??

Post by BobFoster »

Wednesday I recorded a 6 hour program. Roughly 4 - 90 min segments on 4 different projects. The S 4K pro HD was about 3% used at the beginning. Latest Bogart 5.3 OS with full destructive install. When I began to edit the 1st project, the audio was out of sync about 15 frames in the first 5 minutes. I made a "sample" and synced the audio which stayed in sync for about 40 minutes and then it began to intermittently drop further behind the video. There were audible dropouts while listening to the playback. I had backed up the HD recording with DVD recordings at the same time as recording to the Bogart system. I next recorded the backup DVD for that segment to the same project. It too had dropouts and out of sync audio, although not at the same points. There were no logical reasons that the audio should be compromised as the different recordings received their audio from different sources.

The answer seems to be that the hard drive was corrupt in that project. I recorded the backup DVD to a different project and the audio was in perfect sync. The other 3 projects were all trouble free. This brings up a cause for concern. Is the hard drive in the process of failure? Will deleting the corrupted project restore the hard drive to normal operation? Has anyone else experienced this anomaly of out of sync audio in just one project? Should I consider replacing the hard drive before a disaster occurs?
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: Hard drive corruption??

Post by BobFoster »

UPDATE: After completing the project, I deleted all the data in Project #1 and did a back up of the hard drive. Once again I loaded the same backup DVD into project #1. Although I could hear frequent audio drop outs during the recording, the lip sync was intact during the entire 96 minute file when I made a split up of the file. :?: :?: :?:
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Hard drive corruption??

Post by LouBruno »

Bob,

Try a FULL INSTALL of the OS. You may just have corrupted sectors. Cheaper than a new drive. Give it a try.