Rendering Speed???

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Rendering Speed???

Post by BobFoster »

Carroll has some comparison of rendering speed of the various Bogart OS type 3 models. Unfortunately Rendering/add film is not one of the comparisons. Can anyone speak to the variation, if any on rendering speeds of say S 4000 Pro vs. S 6000??
My render booster is pretty much worthless since it doesn't do SD. I don't think it even works after my last attempt of rendering a 1.5 hr. SD file. :(
BobFoster
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: Rendering Speed???

Post by BobFoster »

I guess I must be the only one left doing SD projects :shock:
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

No, but you might be the only one up and posting this early on Saturday.... :)

I'm still editing with my Kron Plus and I haven't made the move to hi-def yet. Soon though.

What do you mean when you say you're not sure the Render Booster works now?
Craig Newman
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

The RENDER BUSTER improves SD downconverts in Arabesk. Rendering speed is for HD projects. SD is not enhanced except to downconvert from HD to SD. Rendering speed of importations, rendering of effects etc. is not the function of RENDER BOOSTER. (BUSTER) but saves so much time for making HD Arabesk Blu-ray and AVCHD discs. Great for those in business or impatient people like myself. :-)
BobFoster

Post by BobFoster »

CKNewman wrote:
What do you mean when you say you're not sure the Render Booster works now?
Actually I posted the question at 9:30 AM yesterday morning.

The last 2 times I tried the Render Booster after sitting over night for 16 hours, it would appear to be rendering and the progress bar would move to completion and then the S4K pro would just shut down, restart with a message to the effect that the procedure had been terminated and improperly shut down. I was using the enclosed short USB cable to reduce heat from the proximity of the S4K. On my last attempts I also placed the RB on a cooling pad that maintains a 68 deg. temperature.

Of course these attempts were on SD projects. However, when I first received the RB, I did some 2 hour SD test projects at low and medium quality to test the image results and speed. They rendered perfectly. My next attempt was with a 90 minute real project that also rendered without issue. All subsequent attempts have ended in the above failure. Thus my doubts that it even works anymore.
As per your input Lou, I have since learned that the RB is not intended for SD use. I don't ever have any Hi Def projects to use or test. My confusion stems from the RB instructions that describes the process of burning SD DVDs. I guess in the translation, they left out the part about down converting.

Here are the results of the original test when I first received the RB. The resujlts were impressive for SD 2 hour project:
The Renommee Plus takes 121 minutes to render/add film for the project with compressed audio.
S4kP with OS 5.6 Arabesk 5 no RenderBooster takes 85 minutes to render/add film for the project with compressed audio.
S4KP with OS 5.6 Arabesk 5 RenderBooster Med video quality takes 66 minutes to render/add film w/compressed audio.
S4KP with OS 5.6 Arabesk 5 RenderBooster Low video quality takes 58 minutes to render/add film w/compressed audio.