The DVD drawer will not accept a disk FIXED !!!

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LegendsStudio
Casablanca Unit: S 2000

The DVD drawer will not accept a disk FIXED !!!

Post by LegendsStudio »

After 2 years of work on my movie Chain of Events I was finishing up to make my completed copy and my s2000 editing deck stopped working… The tray that comes out to accept the blank DVD just started going in and out by itself and would finally stop in the open position and every time I tried to shut it the tray would open again and stay in that position.

I tried everything to fix it including turning it off and UN-Plugging it but nothing would help. I ask a few experts on line and they said they had never had that problem and did not know how to fix it.

My wife saw that I had spent hours trying to fix it and said; what are you going to do now?
I said to her; I don’t know because I have done all that I can.

Then I said to her I JUST WISH GOD WOULD FIX IT… Then there was a LOUD clap of thunder and the lights went out for 2 seconds and when the lights came on the tray on the editing deck slowly closed and the machine started working.

It was a little scary at first but I am truly grateful. I just wanted to share this true story.
Marcus <><
:idea: :D :lol:
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: The DVD drawer will not accept a disk FIXED !!!

Post by MichaelD »

Just check that the plastic facia that's attached to the DVD drawer isn't touching the top of the casing on your S2000 as this would cause a similar problem.

The burners are on soft pads inside and sometimes "if" the burner moves up or down then this cover can make an early connection with the machine resulting in it opening again.

If this is the case then you can just unclip the facia - making sure you put it somewhere safe in case you ever need to sell the machine.