Bluebox World help

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
jeffcook
Casablanca Unit: S4100 running Bogart 2.4

Bluebox World help

Post by jeffcook »

when using Bluebox world, I have my scene I want in the background, followed by my "scene" which was an imported logo second, when I use render and put everything together, it's good, but when I transfer my video onto my PC, I see this BORDER around the edges of the screen that I DIDN'T see on my monitor while do it. Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong? Hope to spark some interest, Jeff.
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Re: Bluebox World help

Post by IanPearson »

Bluebox World has a few limitations and will often require a few subtle adjustments. The following is part of an exercise I put together, which may help.

After selecting BB Bluebox World, a drop down box appears. With the blue box button, top left, highlighted, click “Select area” and this second box will appear.
Position and size the dotted box such that it takes in as much of the back drop as possible, but that nothing of the subject is included, then click “OK”
This has now determined the colour that will be keyed out using the chromakey process.

After clicking “OK” it will bring back the first drop down box and by sliding the “Tolerance” bar, adjust the setting such that all the blue is keyed out, but the subject does not also become transparent.
This is a trial process and the best result may have a slight edge or artefact around the subject. If this is the case, select the button, the one below the blue cube, with black and grey squares, which opens another box called “Select Alpha”

Click on the slider “Transition” and adjust this so that the subject edges become softer and a little blurred, but do not loose too much of the subject edging. A setting of 1 or at most 2 is usually sufficient. Leave the “Alpha” setting at 100%.

If this does not cure the issue, come back giving as much info as possible (e.g. how big is the box around your subject) and I will see if I can assist further.

Ian

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England