Renommee help

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Renommee help

Post by flvideo »

I was transferring pictures with Photo Studio 2 and the Rennie locked up on me. I have had corrupted pictures before but the Progress bar got all the way and I would get a message saying no pictures on this disc. I have edited with this machine for 10 years and I had never seen it do that before. You know when a program is doing a action it shows a progress bar to show how much its done. This time it showed the bar and stopped about 90 percent and stayed there.
when it has had a corrupt pic before and it just wouldn't load them at all. This 2nd time the progress bar wet about 90% and stopped, It was locked up agin and the only way I could get it out of that was to force a shut down. I tried a different disc and reduced the number of pictures and tried agin. It did the same thing. I chose 9 pictures I needed right away and it stopped agin but only at about 50% this time And I had to force a shut down agin. Only this time when I fired it up agin I had lost all my work from yesterday! Does anyone have idea's!
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: Renommee help

Post by BobFoster »

The issue could be that the Photo Studio 2 software is corrupted, and not the photo files. It's easy to delete that software from your hard drive, re-install it, activate it, and see if that might be the problem. Should take less than 10 minutes. If that doesn't correct the issue, then you know that for sure that it is related to the photo files themselves.
Bob F
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I have never done that Bob! How do I go about it?
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I worked it out. I went to each file and saved each agin as a Jpeg. That worked! I did go find a couple new pics that I did not have in the mix before. So with a day delay I am on track agin! Tanks Bob Foster. If you see this tell me the procedure for re installing software! I will try that the next time I have trouble. I am so ready for BFW Gold. I purchased it a while ago but I don't have a HD camera yet so I have only played with it some!
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

First, to re-install an optional software program, go into "Systems" and select "Install software" . Scroll down to Photo Studio 2, click on it and select "delete". The program will disappear from the list of software. It's gone. Now insert the "all software" disc and wait for it to completely load. You should now see many software titles that you have not purchased that are listed as "Hidden". Scroll down to Photo Studio 2, select that title and click on "Activate". You will see a progress bar indicating that the program is being activated. When complete, the progress bar will go away and the Photo Studio 2 will now be marked as "Active". You do not need to enter the license activation number as that number is already in the Cassie. Done. You have deleted a software program from the Renommee and re-installed it again fresh from the software disc.

Since you were able to successfully able to load the photos, you probably do not need to delete and re-install the program. But, that's how you do it.
Bob F